Clarkton Rimfire 3 Tool Protection
Rimfire Tool Protection System Operation
Rimfire 3 tool protection system monitors every step of the press cycle for any condition that could cause trouble. Tool protection is used to monitor the process of a functioning press and stop the press before damage occurs when the process fails. The tool protection system will indicate the exact failure so that the problems can be corrected, the tool protection unit can rest and the press may again be started.
- Tool protection prevents tool and die damage.
- Tool protection minimizes machine downtime.
- Tool protection increases operator efficiency.
- Tool protection modular construction—buy what you need, expand later.
The Rimfire 3 tool protection system can monitor up to 16 cyclic events at one time, such as part ejection, stock feed, part transfer, etc. There are two tool protection system units available. The mini tool protection system unit has three cyclic stations. The expandable tool protection system unit has from 4 to up to 16 cyclic stations. The events must occur between an adjustable timing window tied to the press rotation. Proximity sensors and cams are provided for this purpose. All stations have an individual LED so that a missing signal will be clearly indicated. Both the cam system and the probe stations are completely fail-safe. If the cams or station inputs become disabled, the press will be disabled and fail-safe circuit will be indicated.
The Rimfire 3 tool protection system comes equipped with 2 stations to monitor static events, such as stock buckling or stock run out sensors, pilot misfeed, feed microswitch sensors, etc. Several sensors can be used in parallel with the Accessory N.O. or in series with Accessory N.C. Whenever the accessory circuit stops the press, the corresponding LEDs will illuminate.
Tool Protection Features
- Solid-state electronics housed in rugged steel enclosures.
- The tool protection system inputs are fail-safe—not affected by grease, dirt, oil or water.
- Brilliant, long-life LED indicators allow checking at a distance.
- The tool protection system has a built-in solid-state memory allows press operator to stop the machine at any point in the cycle without having to reset the entire cycle.
- Plug-in, modular design of the tool protection system makes repairs a simple matter. Just unplug the defective modular and plug in a new one.
- Line filters protect against voltage spikes.
- Most tool protection system repair parts carried in stock by Clarktron, for same-day shipment.
Tool Protection System Specifications
Number of Tool Protection System Control Stations:
- Non-expandable 1 and 3 tool protection station unit.
- Expandable 1 to 16 tool protection station unit.
Tool Protection System Response Time (including rise time of power delay):
- 6 milliseconds (stopping time varies with the reaction time of the machine)
Tool Protection System Output Relay:
- Single-pole, double-throw, 10 amps
Tool Protection System Operating Voltage:
- 105-125 volts AC, 50-60 Hz
Tool Protection System Power Consumption:
- 17 watts
Tool Protection System Sizes:
- Mini unit: 10” H x 8.5” W x 4.5” D
- Expandable unit: 10” H x 12” W x 5.5” D
Tool Protection System Standard Equipment
- 1 to 16 operating tool protection stations, complete with plug-in modules, sensing probes (each with color coded wired 10’ long), power plug-in cable, control plug-in cable, cam and cam probes.
- On expandable tool protection units, additional stations can be added without removing the Rimfire tool protection system from the machine.
Tool Protection System Operational Equipment
- End of stock detection on the tool protection system.
- Stock buckling detection on the tool protection system.
- Machine overload detection on the tool protection system.
- Shut height detector on the tool protection system.
- Part ejection sensors on the tool protection system.
Work with the experts in the tool monitor manufacturing industry when you contact us at 1-855-394-9866 in Fairfield, Connecticut.